Lauren Herzog, DDS
Dr. Lauren Herzog is proud to have been born and raised in Fergus Falls, MN. As the daughter of Dr. Todd McGovern, Dr. Herzog is a second-generation dentist. She loved visiting her dad and the team at LifeSmiles where she was exposed to the wonderful field of dentistry from a young age. After recognizing her passions for healthcare, science and art she realized dentistry was the perfect fit for her, so she set out to follow in her dad’s footsteps.
Upon graduation from Fergus Falls High School she headed to St. Paul, MN to attend the University of St. Thomas where she achieved a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Neuroscience. Dr. Herzog then moved across the river to Minneapolis to continue her studies at the University Of Minnesota School Of Dentistry. She received her Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2018. In 2018 she also completed training using the Solea all-tissue dental laser. She loves using this groundbreaking technology and providing a unique experience for her patients. In 2021 she was certified in Botox and Dermal Filler through the Facial Anatomy for Comprehensive Esthetic Seminars. Her goal is to help patients look and feel their best while aging gracefully.
Dr. Herzog and her husband Eric love the beautiful lakes country and they are excited to be back in her hometown. She enjoys the Minnesota lake life by spending time on the water with friends and family. She is passionate about traveling and experiencing different cultures. She describes herself as a “foodie” and likes to try new cuisines. Yoga and cycling are her favorite ways to maintain an active lifestyle. She likes to use her creative side through the hobbies of art and photography.
Smiling is Dr. Herzog’s favorite activity! Dr. Herzog believes that a smile makes a powerful impact and she aims to provide her patients with healthy teeth they are proud to show off. Dr. Herzog values her relationships with each patient. “I aim to provide individualized, comprehensive care while putting my patient’s desires at the forefront in order to achieve comfort, function, wellness and beauty.” Dr. Herzog is ready to help you love your smile!
- If I hadn’t become a dentist I would’ve been a: Travel blogger
- The one thing I can’t live without: chocolate croissants and cold brew coffee
- My spirit animal is: Mermaid
- The reason I became a dentist is: Dentistry is the perfect combination of science, health, art, aesthetics and entrepreneurship. I’ve always loved mini things, and working on a millimeter scale is challenging, yet so fun! Plus, teeth are just the cutest.
- My favorite thing about living in Fergus Falls is: The gorgeous lakes area. I love being by the water. You cannot beat summers in Otter Tail County!